Can Supplements Help Me?
Yes they can. Three words I could shout from the highest rooftop. Supplements have been proven to help especially when you know what to do with them and how much you should take. The Miami Herald Newspaper addressed this week at the UN talks they are going to discuss that heart disease, diabetes and obesity are surpassing HIV and Flu spread for a high percentage of deaths world wide. That 9 out of 10 Americans have these nutritionally based problems.
Every area of your entire body has cells. Those cells run on fuel known as vitamins, minerals, amino acids etc. When these levels are not sufficiently supported through food choices, the cells look to get fuel from other areas. They act like a two year old and expect to be taken care of. This looks and sounds to you as the doctor checking your blood work, weighing you, and critiquing all aspects of your life…including your age. You leave that office feeling like old age with a hand full of prescriptions that you recognize from your parents medicine chest. Wake Up Call! Your Primary Doctor is not going to offer you natural remedies as they are not educated in that direction. They promote pharmaceuticals so don't ask them and feel completely rejected when they pooh pooh the idea of you not using their expensive choice of side effect filled medications.
You have every right to a team of experts to help you get healthy. Your one doctor working alone is not it! Today, you should be in charge and research experts for everything from an open minded MD to your financial help. You can be in charge of where you are at in life.
Can Supplements Help Me?
Yes supplements can help you. Once you get the copy of your blood work, take it to your nutritionist (versed in supplement use and not just a dietician) or your Functional Anti-Aging Doctor (make sure they are Board Certified and not just saying they can help in anti-aging). There are some things you can do on your own to get the ball rolling.
1. Try to Balance your electrolytes for energy and stamina. Extremely important for better days, improved sleep and prevention of strokes, arthritis and many other areas of common concern.
2. Trace Minerals are preferred over a Multi Mineral as most over the counter Multi Vitamin Mineral combinations offer too many items and not enough of the ones that are truly needed. Safe for those that know nothing about taking supplements but can be just as harmful to liver and kidney processing.
3. Digestive Enzymes especially if you are over 20. Some need it long before but in general everyone's digestive track is in distress.
4. Speaking of Stress….pamper your adrenals as they are at the base of most problems in our lives. Sinus infections, allergies, sinus headaches, stomach pain, low back and the dreaded sugar lows. Adrenal Fatigue is real and your Functional Medicine Specialist will know exactly how to deal with it and won't tell you your symptoms are not related.
5. Antioxidants…I have particular ones that are specifically directed at anti-aging or preventing diabetes, heart issues and some cancers but for general use at least take an A,C & E combination
How Else Can Supplementation Help Me?
Higher amounts of Supplementation or use of Prevention or Reduction for chronic problems should be under the supervision of someone who knows and understands how to put them together with meds or without. High doses can be of therapeutic use in chronic ailments. Blood Work and Saliva Testing as well as the use of MRT (Muscle Resistance Testing) can offer the best guidance. I have seen Cholesterol levels, CRP levels, Fibrinigin, insulin, glucose numbers as well as cancers come down and be in normal ranges due to supplementation in therapeutic levels.
Is There Anything I Can Do Now other than Supplementation?
Yes, you can start analyzing your food and fluid intake. Eating right for your blood type is a good start that is not as stressful to implement. Drinking one half your body weight in ounces of clean water per day would help. Lower the amount of stress in your life by looking at one area that you can reduce or handle differently right now.
To handle more severe changes I highly recommend that you call for an appointment with the Anti-Aging Doctor or Nutrition Consultant versed in Supplementation Help…..anyone you know?
Please feel free to comment on this blog or tell your story of how it helps you!!