Stress is discussed in many different ways. What it does to us physically, mentally, and emotionally should make it the number one crime of the century. All I know is that it should be rightfully blamed for most ailments in our lives.
When we reach the end of our last nerve, our blood pressure gets too high. Our faces turn red and normally everyone around us runs for cover. In turn, our sugar levels change and our alternate personality (that we didn’t know we had or even know how to control) surfaces. We’re fast approaching the unhealthy danger zone.
Stress Treatment is necessary.
We make our way to our primary care doctor to access the damage and look for a quick way to return to what we consider is normal. The problem is that the symptoms we discuss warrant us leaving the office with multiple prescriptions in hand.
This only proceeds to scare us and lead us down the road of multiple side effects. Did our doctor even listen to our problem or just access the symptoms? Why do I feel worse taking these meds? Is there anything else I can do? Am I doomed to feel like this for the rest of my life? Now the stress seems worse!
What Stress Treatments can we do on our own?
We can put the brakes on once we have been accessed. If there is nothing in immediate need of repair, we can take responsibility for our actions. It’s time to re-assess what we are doing in our lives.
Take a sincere look at what we eat. How much sleep are we getting and is it quality? Are we getting sufficient exercise on a regular basis? How much joy is in our lives? What are you doing for fun? Do you even like your choice of Career or is it just a job? Are you happy with yourself?
If you can answer positively to any of the above immediately, you are headed on the right road. No matter how many doctors you see, it is still up to you to alter your lifestyle to improve your health and reduce stress.
My Favorite Stress Treatments.
- Yoga helps to balance my body and calm my mind on a daily basis. I also do aerobics, strength training and balance exercises.
- My supplemental program works to rebuild and support my weakest nutritional deficiencies.
- I consume a higher protein, lower carbohydrate and (mostly) Gluten Free diet.
- I use subliminal and meditation programs regularly.
- I play affirmation CD’s in my car when ever I’m alone.
- I work on my joy list often and I can name 100 plus things that I enjoy doing. Can you even name five?
- I have a great team to help keep tabs on my medical and physical health numbers. My Anti Aging Doctor is my number one along with my PCP (Primary Care Doc), Cardiologist, Dentist, Massage Therapist and Energy Worker.
- I also have the Physical and Mental help of those that keep my stress levels to a minimum such as an Accountant, Prosperity Coach, Banker, Hairdresser, Nail Tech and favorite restaurants with great service.
- I utilize the Alpha LED and Spa Feng Shui beds for massage benefits, LED Light Therapy for muscle tension, stress relief and Natural Cleansing through heat and steam. As well as Facials.
- I spend time with family and friends that bring joy to my life…..especially my grandchildren!
Some of the best stress treatment advice I have ever received or given out is to try to stay in the present moment. Let the past go and learn to live now. Pay attention to what makes you happy because the happier you are the healthier you become. It takes a little effort but it is well worth it.
Learn to make yourself your favorite hobby. Pay attention to your likes, dislikes and what stirs your heart to beat at the right rhythm. Enjoy life and become the healthy person you were meant to be. Create your own stress treatments and make your health produce a quality life for many years to come. Worry and Stress are not our friends, they produce no benefits in our lives.